the best Gun control means being able to control your gun
Thomas Reynolds
2008-05-11 15:27:56 UTC
THIS STORY EXEMPLIFIES GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.

Shooting in Butte , Montana

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders Butte, Montana

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably
believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia
Harrington after her father had left their

two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and
Patricia had been a

clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front
door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12
gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to
catch a

near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year -old's knee crouch aim.

He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left
shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before
medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber
handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old
David Burien, was not so lucky.

He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN,

or ABC news.... Now that is Gun Control
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought for the day

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling

a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
Laury
2008-05-11 16:51:10 UTC
Post by Thomas Reynolds
[...]
They were going after an 11 year old girl with a gun stolen from a nice
law abiding citizen. See, to people who want stricter gun control that
means that nice law abiding citizen, now dead if this uncited essay
is actually true, armed these criminals. His gun sure didn't work for
him, did it?

Laury
~Z~
2008-05-11 17:22:48 UTC
Post by Laury
They were going after an 11 year old girl with a gun stolen from a nice
law abiding citizen. See, to people who want stricter gun control that
means that nice law abiding citizen, now dead if this uncited essay
is actually true, armed these criminals. His gun sure didn't work for
him, did it?
Having a gun isn't a magic wand.

It didn't work for Trooper Doyle, either.
Thomas Reynolds
2008-05-11 17:51:39 UTC
Post by Laury
Post by Thomas Reynolds
[...]
I guess if they didn't have his gun they would have stabbed her to death
(after they finished using her) with the same knife as killed him. But
then, maybe the girl could have better luck fighting them bare handed than
the 50 year old man did.
Thomas Reynolds
2008-05-11 17:55:30 UTC
"Thomas Reynolds" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message news:LmGVj.32832$***@trnddc04...
OK, I was had, my bad. My cousin sent it to me this AM and I took it at
face value.
Live and learn.
Nappy-Headed Cuddle-Bitch
2008-05-11 18:42:12 UTC
Post by Laury
See, to people who want stricter gun control that
means that nice law abiding citizen, now dead if this uncited essay
is actually true, armed these criminals. His gun sure didn't work for
him, did it?
It certainly may have, depending on the circumstances. You don't know why he
had the gun, or if he had it in his possession when it was taken. All the
story states is the gun was taken during a previous home invasion.
2008-05-12 02:43:53 UTC
Post by Laury
Post by Thomas Reynolds
[...]
If one has a gun one also has to have the will to use it. If you're
pointing a loaded weapon at a perp, you cannot think twice about pulling
the trigger.

I know that if anyone breaks into my place they're catching buckshot. RI
has Castle Doctrine.
John
2008-05-11 16:55:18 UTC
Tom,
it's an entertaining news story, but unfortunately it's entirely false.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-gun. If this were a true story the first
thing I would do is train my nephew on how to place the crosshairs
centermass on an intruder.

The news story is an urban legend that you can find in may newsgroups.
Laury
2008-05-11 16:56:15 UTC
"Thomas Reynolds" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0gEVj.5640$%***@trnddc08...

This is an urban legend.

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2007/12/13/butte_top/20071213_butte_top.txt

A dramatic story about a shooting that supposedly happened in Butte last
year is nothing more than an urban myth.

The bogus story has been circulating for the past year on Internet blogs and
Web sites concerning a girl shooting two men who broke into her Butte home
in November 2006.

According to the fabricated story, an 11-year-old Butte girl shot two
"illegal aliens" with a shotgun after they broke into her home. The shooting
supposedly took place on Nov. 5, 2006, according to Internet posts.

When asked about the authenticity of the events described in this story,
Butte-Silver Bow Sheriff John Walsh told The Montana Standard in an earlier
interview that his office never investigated such an incident.

"This never happened," Walsh said.

The story claims the girl shot and killed the two intruders while she was
home alone. The story doesn't provide a street address or attribute the
information to any official sources
~Z~
2008-05-11 17:16:58 UTC
Post by Thomas Reynolds
Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN,
or ABC news.... Now that is Gun Control
Well, that particular story never made it to NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN
or even ABC because it's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp
Nappy-Headed Cuddle-Bitch
2008-05-11 18:35:30 UTC
Post by Thomas Reynolds
THIS STORY EXEMPLIFIES GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
This story brought tears to my eyes.

I nominate Patricia for the Joe Horn "Smart Shooting Of the Year" Award.
2008-05-12 02:45:51 UTC
Post by Nappy-Headed Cuddle-Bitch
Post by Thomas Reynolds
THIS STORY EXEMPLIFIES GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
This story brought tears to my eyes.
I nominate Patricia for the Joe Horn "Smart Shooting Of the Year" Award.
That's the one thing I miss from when I was an NRA member, the Rifleman
and it's Armed Citizen reports. They warmed my heart.
2008-05-12 02:57:27 UTC
http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index.asp

You can view ffrom the current issue online, but not the archives.
2008-05-12 08:28:24 UTC
Post by Thomas Reynolds
THIS STORY EXEMPLIFIES GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.
This story brought tears to my eyes.
I nominate Patricia for the Joe Horn "Smart Shooting Of the
Year" Award.
That's the one thing I miss from when I was an NRA member, the Rifleman
and it's Armed Citizen reports. They warmed my heart.
http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index.asp
You can view ffrom the current issue online, but not the archives.
Thanks! Finally some quality reading. Now I just have to straighten out
my wireless router so I can read whilst on the pot.
2008-05-12 17:18:26 UTC
Post by T
Post by P
Post by T
That's the one thing I miss from when I was an NRA member, the Rifleman
and it's Armed Citizen reports. They warmed my heart.
http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index.asp
You can view ffrom the current issue online, but not the
archives.
Thanks! Finally some quality reading. Now I just have to
straighten out
my wireless router so I can read whilst on the pot.
A man was sitting in his bathroom one day reading American
Rifleman. Two armed invaders kicked down his door and demanded all
his toiletries. retrieving a pocket pistol from his toothbrush cup,
he shot one intruder and ordered the other into the tub. He held
both until police arrived.

2008-05-12 02:42:22 UTC
In article <0gEVj.5640$%***@trnddc08>, ***@verizon.net
says...
Post by Thomas Reynolds
[...]
I own a Mossberg 500 too. Nice pump shotgun.

I've shot quite a bit of trap with it, enough that with buckshot I could
drop a human target no problem.

But good on that girl.

I've been catching up on Jericho online and the CIA spooks daughter was
pretty handy with a gun too.

As a kid all I needed as a slingshot.